PMI Long Island Chapter
PMP Grant Program
Frank Clemente PMILIC PMP/CAPM Preparation Grant Program
Frank Clemente was a long time Board Member of the Long Island Chapter of the Project Manager Institute (“PMILIC”), serving in various positions; most recently as a Strategic Advisor, even after relocating to North Carolina. Frank was also the President and Owner of Total Systems Education, LTD, one of PMILIC’s valued sponsors and partners. Frank was a tireless advocate and supporter of Project Managers, of all skill levels, that were unemployed or underemployed. Sadly, Frank passed away in 2018.
To honor Frank, PMILIC offers the Frank Clemente PMILIC PMP/CAPM Grant Program. The program offers one tuition-free seat in each PMILIC sponsored/approved PMP/CAPM Preparation session, to continue with Frank’s passion of assisting those in transition. This seat will be awarded to an active PMILIC Member who is unemployed, or underemployed, at the time of application.
The PMILIC Board of Directors has the final say on all matters related to the Frank Clemente PMILIC PMP/CAPM Preparation Grant Program. The applicant is selected by the PMILIC Board of Directors from the qualified entries for each session and the recipient of each Grant is kept confidential.
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be considered for a Grant:
- The applicant is a paid member in good standing of PMILIC.
- The applicant has read the PMP/CAPM Examination qualifying information listed on the PMI website (www.pmi.org), and certifies by submitting the application for the Program, that to the best of his/her knowledge, the applicant is eligible to sit for the exam.
- The applicant is currently unemployed (or underemployed) and, at the time of the application, does not have a commitment of employment to begin within three months from the start of the class.
- At the time this application is submitted nothing will prevent the applicant from attending all of the currently scheduled classes.
- The applicant has not been a previous recipient of a Program Grant
Anyone interested in applying for a Grant should download the application pdfhere (90 KB) .
The completed application should be sent as an attachment via email to our Vice President of Administration at email@example.com. Receipt of the application will be acknowledged within three business days.
Applicants that are not awarded a Grant may resubmit their applications for subsequent PMP/CAPM Preparation sessions as long as they still meet the criteria and follow the same application procedures as described in this Program description. An application must be submitted for each session.