Vice President of Professional Development Position
The VP of Professional development is an elected position. This role is responsible for professional development, education, and chapter events in accordance with chapter bylaws and policies.
The VP of Professional Development is responsible for the development of chapter education activities to include: preparation and maintenance of PMI’s certifications as well as establishing and maintaining chapter professional development programs, live and on-line, maintain relationships with Registered Education Providers (R.E.P.s).
Roles and Responsibilities
• Develop and implement a chapter professional development plan, including a program roadmap for professional development content programs
• Oversee soft skills development and training programs
• Provide information to members and nonmembers on career development
• Incorporate feedback, suggestions and recommendations as necessary to enhance effectiveness and value delivered to the audience and chapter regarding the contents of programs
• Recommend, develop and deliver project management education materials, courses, presentations and sessions
• Work with the Vice President of Outreach to develop and implement a plan for educational outreach at the elementary, secondary and collegiate levels
• Promote the project management profession through the planning and coordination of special events, as identified by the chapter board, designed to enhance and expand the skills and knowledge of project managers
• Oversee events, presentations and training programs
• Plan and coordinate special events, as identified by the chapter’s board, designed to enhance the project management professions and/or expand the skills and knowledge of project managers.