PMI Long Island Chapter
Website Acceptable Use Policy
PMILIC Website Acceptable Use Policy
THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS STATE IMPORTANT REQUIREMENTS REGARDING YOUR USE OF THE PROJECT MANAGEMENT INSTITUTE'S LONG ISLAND CHAPTER (“PMILIC”) WEBSITES AND SERVICES PMI-LIC PROVIDES TO YOU AND YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH THE PMI-LIC. YOU SHOULD READ THEM CAREFULLY AS THEY CONTAIN IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING YOUR RIGHTS AND OURS.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YOU MAY NOT USE THE PMILIC WEBSITES (THE “SERVICE”) AND MUST TERMINATE YOUR USE OF THE PMILIC SERVICE IMMEDIATELY.
It is PMILIC’s intent to provide users of its Service with the best service possible. In order to accomplish this, we have adopted this Website Acceptable Use Policy (the “Policy”). This Policy outlines permissible and prohibited conduct for using the PMILIC Service.
PMILIC may revise this Acceptable Use Policy (the “Policy”) from time to time without notice by posting a new version of this document on http://www.pmilic.org, or any successor URL(s). All revised copies of the Policy are effective immediately upon posting. Accordingly, PMILIC members and users of the Service should regularly visit the PMILIC websites and review this Policy to ensure that their activities conform to the most recent version.
The PMILIC Service is designed for people interested in the Project Management profession who live and/or work in Long Island, New York.
For purposes of this Policy, “material” refers to all forms of communications including narrative descriptions, graphics (including photographs, illustrations, images, drawings, logos), executable programs and scripts, video recordings, and audio recordings. You will not upload, post, transmit, transfer, distribute or facilitate distribution of any material or otherwise use the Service in a way to:
- Misrepresent the source of anything you post or upload, including impersonation of another individual or entity.
- Provide or create links to external sites that violate this Policy.
- Upload, post, publish, transmit, reproduce, create derivative works of, or distribute in any way information, software or other material obtained through the Service or otherwise that is protected by copyright or other proprietary right, without obtaining permission of the owner;
- Intend to harm or exploit minors in any way.
- Threaten, stalk, defame, defraud, degrade, victimize or intimidate an individual or group of individuals for any reason; including on the basis of age, gender, disability, ethnicity, sexual orientation, race or religion; or incite or encourage anyone else to do so.
- Harm or disrupt, or intend to harm or disrupt, another user's computer or take action that would allow you or others to illegally access software or bypass security on Web sites, or servers, including but not limited to spamming.
- Attempt to impersonate a PMILIC employee, officer, Board of Directors member, agent, manager, host, administrator, moderator, another user or any other person through any means.
- Contain or could be considered 'junk mail', 'spam', 'chain letters', 'pyramid schemes', 'affiliate marketing' or unsolicited commercial advertisement.
- Mischaracterize content you post or upload or contain the same or similar content to other content you have already posted.
- Attempt to manipulate the services, including ranking and reputation systems in the services, by violating any of the provisions of this Policy, colluding with others on voting or using multiple profiles.
- Undertake or accomplish any unlawful purpose. This includes, but is not limited to, posting, storing, transmitting or disseminating information, data or material which is libelous, obscene, unlawful, threatening, defamatory, or which infringes the intellectual property rights of any person or entity, or which in any way constitutes or encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any local, state, federal or international law, order or regulation;
- Post, store, send, transmit, or disseminate any information or material which a reasonable person could deem to be objectionable, offensive, indecent, pornographic, harassing, threatening, embarrassing, distressing, vulgar, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive, or otherwise inappropriate, regardless of whether this material or its dissemination is unlawful;
- Use or distribute tools designed or used for compromising security, such as password guessing programs, decoders, password gatherers, analyzers, cracking tools, packet sniffers, encryption circumvention devices, or Trojan Horse programs;
- Restrict, inhibit, or otherwise interfere with the ability of any other person, regardless of intent, purpose or knowledge, to use or enjoy the Service, including, without limitation, posting or transmitting any information or software which contains a worm, virus, or other harmful feature, or generating levels of traffic sufficient to impede others' ability to send or retrieve information;
- Restrict, inhibit, interfere with, or otherwise disrupt or cause a performance degradation, regardless of intent, purpose or knowledge, to the Service or any PMI-LIC (or PMILIC supplier) host, server, backbone network, node or service, or otherwise cause a performance degradation to any PMILIC (or PMILIC supplier) facilities used to deliver the Service;
- Service, alter, modify, or tamper with the PMILIC websites or Service or permit any other person to do the same who is not authorized by PMILIC.
You may not create a link to the PMILIC website or websites from another website or document without PMILIC's prior written consent.
Inappropriate Content and Transmissions
PMILIC reserves the right, but not the obligation, to refuse to transmit or post and to edit, move, remove or block any information or materials, in whole or in part, that it, in its sole discretion, deems to be offensive, indecent, or otherwise inappropriate, regardless of whether this material or its dissemination is unlawful. Neither PMILIC nor any of its affiliates, suppliers, or agents has any obligation to monitor transmissions or postings made on the PMILIC website. However, PMILIC and its affiliates, suppliers, and agents have the right to monitor these transmissions and postings from time to time for violations of this Policy and to disclose, block, edit, move or remove them in accordance any other applicable agreements and policies.
We may provide information to you by e-mail at the e-mail address you specified when you paid for membership with the Project Management Institute ("PMI") and the PMILIC. Notices provided to you via e-mail will be deemed given and received on the transmission date of the e-mail, provided no transmission error has been received in response to the email sent by PMILIC representatives. Transmission errors may include but are not limited to (i) member email address returned as being deemed incorrect or “invalid,” by the receiving organization, (ii) email notification of no server response on the receiving end, or (iii) a suspended or terminated account. If you do not consent to receive any notices electronically, you must notify the PMILIC’s Vice President of Membership or use the chapter’s Feedback form.
PMILIC is not responsible for forwarding e-mail sent to any account that has been suspended or terminated. This e-mail will be returned to the sender, ignored, deleted, or stored temporarily at PMILIC ’s sole discretion. In the event that PMILIC believes in its sole discretion that any member name, account name, or e-mail address on may be used for, or is being used for, any misleading, fraudulent, or other improper or illegal purpose, PMILIC reserves the right to not communicate to such member via that e-mail address and/or alert the PMI organization of such findings.
Any communications you send to PMILIC for posting to the membership website’s public areas or otherwise to PMILIC are deemed to be submitted on a non-confidential basis. PMILIC may, at its sole discretion, reproduce, use, publish, modify, disclose, distribute, or otherwise use these communications in any way and for any purpose. These uses may include, for example, use of the content of any such communications, including any works, marks or names, ideas, inventions, concepts, techniques or know-how disclosed therein, for any purpose without any obligation to compensate the originator of such communications and without liability to that person.
Submissions and Postings
PMILIC is not responsible for the content of any user-created posting, listing or message. The decision to view content or engage with others is yours. We advise you to use your best judgment.
As part of the Service, PMILIC provides you with access to personal Web pages and storage space through the Resumes feature (the “Personal Web Feature”). You are solely responsible for any information that you or others publish or store on the Personal Web Feature.
PMILIC reserves the right to monitor, move, edit, remove, block, or refuse to post or store any information or materials, in whole or in part, that it, in its sole discretion, deem to be offensive, indecent, or otherwise inappropriate regardless of whether this material or its dissemination is unlawful. PMILIC may, without notice, terminate your Personal Web Features and/or your use of the PMILIC Service if PMILIC determines that you have violated the terms of this Policy.
PMILIC will comply with all requirements of the law regarding disclosure of any submissions or postings on this website to others, including to law enforcement agencies and parties making civil legal requests. PMILIC will also comply with any other requirements of the law regarding disclosure of other aspects of your use of the PMILIC Service.
Network, Bandwidth, Data Storage and Other Limitations
You must comply with all current bandwidth, data storage, and other limitations on the membership website established by PMILIC and its suppliers.
You must ensure that your activity (including, but not limited to, use made by you or others of any Personal Web Features) does not improperly restrict, inhibit, or degrade any other user's use of the PMILIC Service, nor represent (in the sole judgment of PMILIC) an unusually large burden on the network. In addition, you must ensure that your activities do not improperly restrict, inhibit, disrupt, degrade or impede PMILIC ’s ability to deliver and monitor the Service, backbone, network nodes, and/or other network services.
General Content and Links
The PMILIC Service may contain links to other Internet websites or resources. You acknowledge and agree that PMILIC is not responsible or liable in any way for (i) the availability or accuracy of such sites or resources, or (ii) the content, advertising, or products on or available from such sites or resources. The inclusion of any link on our websites does not imply that PMILIC endorses any of the linked sites. You use the links at your own risk.
The PMILIC Service is for general informational purposes only and is subject to change without notice. Although PMILIC makes reasonable efforts to ensure that any information posted to its Service is both timely and accurate, errors may appear from time to time. The PMILIC Service may not be updated daily, and certain information may not be the most current information available. Before you act on information you've found on our Service, you should independently confirm any facts that are important to your decision.
The PMILIC Service contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of this Policy.
All trademarks reproduced which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the PMILIC Service.
We do not permit framing or inline linking to our Service or any portion thereof without written permission from a PMILIC officer.
The PMILIC Service includes public areas available to the PMILIC membership. If you share content with others in either public or shared areas, then you understand and agree that others with whom you have shared content may use that content. You grant to those members of the public to whom you have permitted access free, nonexclusive permission to use, copy, distribute and display the content solely in connection with the PMILIC Service. If you do not want others to have those viewing rights, please do not share your content with them.
No Third Party Beneficiaries
This contract is solely for your and our benefit. It is not for the benefit of any other person, except for permitted successors and assigns under this contract.
Registration and Account Use
If you become a registered user of the PMILLIC Service, we will create a membership account for you (user name and password with specific website access rights) for accessing your Personal Web Features. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and are fully responsible for all activities that occur using your account. Please notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security even if the misuse was committed by a friend, family member, or guest with access to your membership account. Therefore, you must take steps to ensure that others do not use your account to gain unauthorized access to the PMILIC website by, for example, strictly maintaining the confidentiality of your website login and password. In all cases, you are solely responsible for the security of any device you choose to connect to the Service, including any data stored or shared on that device.
The PMILIC will not be liable for any loss that you may incur as a result of any third party's use of your membership account, either with or without your knowledge.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless PMILIC, its officers, directors, agents, and partners, from and against any third-party claims, actions, demands, liabilities, expenses, and costs, including without limitation reasonable legal and accounting fees, arising from or related to your use of the PMILIC Service, your violation of this Policy, or your violation of any laws, regulations, or third-party rights.
PMILIC is committed to complying with U.S. copyright and related laws, and requires all users of the PMILIC Service to comply with these laws. Accordingly, you may not store any material or content on, or disseminate any material or content over the membership website in any manner that constitutes an infringement of third party intellectual property rights, including rights granted by U.S. copyright law. Owners of copyrighted works who believe that their rights under U.S. copyright law have been infringed may take advantage of certain provisions of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the “DMCA”) to report alleged infringements. It is PMILIC's policy in accordance with the DMCA and other applicable laws to reserve the right to terminate the Service provided to any user who is either found to infringe third party copyright or other intellectual property rights, including repeat infringers, or who PMILIC believes in its sole discretion is infringing these rights. PMILIC may terminate the Service membership account at any time with or without notice for any affected user.
Termination and Cancellation
PMILIC may modify or discontinue the Service it provides at any time, and for any reason, with or without notice. PMILIC will not be liable to you or any third party as a result of such modification or discontinuation of any website or services. The provisions of this Policy will survive any termination of the Service provided by PMILIC.
Rights and Responsibilities
It is the responsibility of all PMILIC members and all others who have access to its websites and services, to comply with this Policy and all PMILIC policies. As a Service customer, it is your responsibility to secure your computer equipment so that it is not subject to external threats such as viruses, spam, and other methods of intrusion. Failure to comply with these or any other PMILIC policies could result in the suspension or termination of your membership account. If you do not agree to comply with this Policy, you must immediately stop use of the PMILIC membership website and notify the PMILIC website Program Manager so that your Service account may be closed.
PMILIC reserves the right to immediately terminate the member Service access if the member engages in any of the prohibited activities listed in this policy or if the member uses the PMILIC Service in a way which is contrary to any PMILIC policies.
Questions and Violations Reporting
Questions regarding this Policy and reporting of violations of it can be directed to the PMILIC website Program Manager via the Feedback form.
Last updated: 10/29/2014